Mazito 2 Solved
Originally posted 5.27.2005 on Limes with Orange.
I finally solved Mazito 2 (not in time to be in the top 10, though a couple of people that I cooperated with made it: drgnmstrshake & rubixglued... congrats you two). I've updated my text map, but I've taken some liberties with it, as I didn't want to show room 99 or the fork for the final path. Wouldn't want to make it too easy!
The only hint I'll post for the moment is a quote from Mr. Logic himself (used in one of the rooms of the puzzle): "Keep an open mind and question everything, especially the self-evident."
Addendum to Original Post:
1. At least one "File Not Found" and/or "Dead End" page is lying.
2. Many questions have more than one answer. Some of them are pseudonyms, some are the result of hidden numbers, some are just plain wrong (based on very common mistakes).
3. For anything that requires rearranging words or starts off with "I am a ten letter word...", oneacross.com is your friend. (Use the anagram feature for the first type, the crossword feature for the second.)
4. Most of the codes are simple substitution ciphers, but one room requires you to shift your code by one letter for each word and another requires you to shift up for one letter and down for the next. (Those pages have hints to that effect.)
5. Manipulating images in Photoshop can be very helpful, whether it's adjusting the hue of a red mess, adjusting brightness and contrast in a calculator screen or using the magic wand tool (tolerance=0).
6. The url info at the bottom of every page may seem redundant and repetitive, but ignore it at your peril.
7. Oh yeah, that weird puppet with the dog's head and flippers, etc... his name is Flub-A-Dub.
8. And the final branch is somewhere between rooms 88 and 198 (see my text map).
And some potentially helpful links:
Chemistry - The Periodic Table
Google (and Google Images)
Introduction to Cryptography
One Across - Crossword Puzzle Help
Prime Pages (prime numbers)
Wikipedia List of Occupations
And if you need more specific help, you can always check out:
Nordinho.net Forums - Mazito 2 or I Am Bored.com.